Originate loan applications for low and moderate income borrowers. Develop markets in low and moderate income CRA assessment areas through partnering with direct referral sources. The loan officer will participate in community organizations that serve low and moderate income communities with the goal of originating loans in those communities.
Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) proactively solicits new residential first mortgage home loans that meet established loan quality and production goals. This includes but is not limited to spending time on outside sales originating home loan products based on contacts with realtors and/or builders. The MLO identifies, develops and maintains a network of business relationships that serve as a recurring source of referrals for new home lending opportunities. The success MLO will ensure exceptional customer service by maintaining knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, and demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all bank, federal and state compliance policies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Markets and promotes Patriot Bank's mortgage products.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with realtors, builders and other real estate industry professionals in order to develop and retain existing business.
- Monitors overall customer interaction and interfaces with all parties involved on each individual loan from application to closing, including but not limited to counseling and pre-qualifying potential home buyers.
- Collects and analyzes information regarding the customer's income, assets, investments or debts.
- Evaluates Patriot Bank's loan products and services and determines which financial products best meet the customer's needs and financial circumstances.
- Have a strong working knowledge of FHA, VA, USDA and Conventional guidelines, and be able to advise the customer regarding the advantages and disadvantages of different loan products.
- Promote low and moderate income loan programs offer by the bank.
- Oversees the loan process by monitoring loan status and ensures conformity with terms.
- Communicates loan status to all interested parties, and obtains loan documentation throughout the loan process.
- Negotiates terms and conditions of loans with customers.
- Stays abreast of trends and developments in the local real estate market and competitive environment, as well as, changes in rules and regulations pertaining to private and government insured mortgages.
- Maintains a professional image and adheres to standards consistent with company policies and procedures.
- May supervise and direct the activities of other loan officer(s), loan officer assistant(s), or loan processor(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current and valid NMLS License
- A minimum of 24 months loan originator experience required for loan originator; minimum of 5 years loan originator experience required for senior loan originator.
- Interacts with regional & corporate departments, as well as realtors, sales agents, builders, appraisers, etc.
- Ability to quickly assess and process large amounts of data and use of appropriate software technology.
- Active in the community and in those job-related organizations to enhance the network of beneficial contacts.
- Continue to expand knowledge of issues influencing the industry and the organization.
- Originating FHA/VA/USDA and Conventional: 2 years
- Mortgage Loan Officer: 2 years
Qualified applicants may send their resumes to KBarger@downhomebank.com.