Senior Retail Banking Officer Forum
August 15: TBA Barrett Training Center, Nashville
Early Registration Deadline: August 1, 2018
The Tennessee Bankers Association now offers a one-day Senior Retail Banking Forum where individuals who are responsible for retail banking have the opportunity to discuss and explore collaborative solutions to challenges you face on a day-to-day basis. This Forum will focus on tools to maximize the platform team, including key methods for moving to one point of contact (universal) banking, as well as maximizing and building profitable relationships.
In addition, this Senior Retail Banking Forum will provide a platform and opportunity for retail banking officers to exchange ideas freely, and examine pressing opportunities and issues in today’s ever-evolving regulatory, cost-conscience, and productivity-driven environment.
Dianne Barton is the founder and president of Performance Solutions, Inc. As a former banker, Barton is recognized for her services—including strategic planning, leadership and management development, regulatory and compliance implementations— and for providing real-world solutions by both regional and community banks. Before founding Performance Solutions in 1983, she held senior positions with BankSouth Corporation, the IRS, and John H. Harland Company. A graduate of Georgia State University, Barton is on the faculty of several banking schools.
This live, overview program will provide a platform for covering issues and offering solutions to those who serve in the capacity of retail banking officers. Each participant will receive many tools, resources, and materials, which can be taken back and immediately use in the bank. The facilitator will answer questions and provide important, applicable information for those who attend this program.
- Improve your effectiveness as a retail banking officer:
- Discuss current industry challenges with others in retail banking
- Network and form lasting relationships with other retail banking officers/operations officers
- Solve your most pressing problems
- Obtain access to highly respected industry experts
- Grow professionally as well as personally
- Discuss with peers what works and what doesn’t
Possible Forum Topics
- Current Tennessee retail banking challenges—from operations to regulations and e-banking
- Building a retail banking branch and culture
- Current challenges with growing the retail branch
- Staffing and employee development
- Emerging trends in retail delivery
- Partnering with key vendors and service providers
- Impacting sales and service deliver strategies
- E-banking products and services
- Balancing regulatory and compliance with growing the branch
8:30 a.m. Registration/Continental breakfast
9:00 a.m. Program begins
1:00 p.m. Program resumes
3:00 p.m. Adjourn
Continuing Education Credit
Attendees qualify for 5.5 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit in the area of Specialized Knowledge.
|TBA Members / Associate Members||Nonmembers|
|Early registration deadline is August 1, 2018|