Beneficial Ownership and Onboarding Legal Entity Customers
January 9: Recorded
Laura Wilson, Pegasus Educational Services, LLC
The Tennessee Bankers Association is helping you get your staff ready for beneficial ownership information, verification, and certification requirements! Beginning on or before May 11, 2018, beneficial ownership requirements apply each time the bank opens a new account for a legal entity customer. The requirement is mandatory for both new and existing legal entity customers. All bank employees responsible for making loans, opening deposit accounts, and leasing safe deposit boxes to legal entity customers must understand their responsibility under the new regulation.
In addition to beneficial ownership requirements, this Tennessee-specific webinar explains what it takes to comply with CDD regulations when making a loan, opening a deposit account, or leasing a safe deposit box to a new legal entity customer in today’s AML-focused environment. Why do we need all this documentation and information? Why are we asking so many questions? How does the bank use this information?
Areas of focus:
- Beneficial ownership information, verification, and certification requirements
- CDD and the “customer risk profile”
- CIP for legal entities in Tennessee
- Importance of the resolution to the entire process
Who should participate?
This webinar is designed for training all bank staff, officers, and senior management. Auditors, trainers, and back office staff will also benefit from this information.
9:00 - 11:00 A.M. CST
- Only individuals registered may participate in the live program session.
- Those registered will receive only ONE nonreproducable copy of the program materials.
- Connection instructions and materials covered will be sent to each participant prior to the webcast no later than 2:00 p.m./CT on January 8.
Continuing Education Credit:
TBA Webcasts are not eligible for credit.