The Southeastern School of Banking Branch Management - Session 4 of 4
November 15: TBA Barrett Training Center, Nashville
Other Session Dates:
Session 1, April 4, 2017: New Year - New Start: Key Components for a Successful Year
Session II, May 16, 2017: Leading, Developing, and Engaging the Team
Session III, September 7, 2017: Growing the Retail Branch
Dianne Barton, Performance Solutions, Inc.
The Tennessee Bankers Association is proud to offer for the first time The Southeastern Banking Branch Management School. More than ever before, today’s branch management team is faced with a multitude of challenges and opportunities. Successful banks have branch leaders who must be focused on motivating and engaging the team, building and increasing loyal customer relationships, mitigating risks through compliance and regulatory adherence, and accomplishing retail banking goals. In essence, the branch manager is the business manager. Ongoing education, training, and networking are vital to developing successful branches in today’s banks. The Southeastern School of Banking Branch Management is four-workshop sessions that take place throughout the year.
This school is designed to focus on the critical success elements of managing and leading a performance-focused sales and service team. Each workshop is designed and packaged full of checklists, job aids, case studies, examples, and real-world situations. The school provides the branch manager and the branch management team with current, proven solutions to managing a successful branch in today’s ever-evolving banking environment.
Key Elements of the Series
- Develop and implement retail banking business plan
- Discover individual leadership and management styles
- Ensure regulatory compliance and operational adherence
- Mitigate risks
- Grow the retail banking branch
- Explore proven sales, service, and relationship building skills and tools
- Motivate and boost employee and team success
- Manage challenging situations with team members and customers
- Strengthen communication and day-to-day effectiveness
- Increase “bench strength” in the branch
- Determine critical branch “best practices”
Raising the Bar for Sustainable Growth
Session IV focuses on maintaining superior performance. Managers learn new methods for communicating and raising the bar through managing, team building, and leadership abilities. We explore how to keep a team motivated and working toward achieving organizational goals.
- Creating a pathway for sustainable growth
- Conducting performance reviews—the good, the bad, and the ugly
- Dealing with personalities, conflicts, and challenges
- Generating solutions to retail branch challenges and problems
- Getting the best from teams—accountability skills
- The 10 percent difference
- Ten steps to building a winning team
- Mentoring and creating leaders
- Expanding the leadership challenge
- Energizing and de-stressing methods, ideas, and tools
- Celebrating performance: rewards and recognition
- Review of the self-assessment—“And the Places We Will Go”
- Branch “Best Practices” and action planning
Who Should Attend
These live, comprehensive overview sessions of the program are for all levels of branch management, from beginning to advanced. They are designed for retail managers, branch managers, assistant managers, branch manager candidates, and anyone responsible for the direction and development of a retail branch. Those attending this program will receive invaluable information and insight as well as resources to assist them in the everyday, ongoing processes of branch management.
Branch Management Certificate Overview
This is a comprehensive training program that focuses on three key components, and individual program participants will receive the 2017 Tennessee Bankers Association
The Southeastern School of Banking Branch Management Certificate by:
- Completing all four workshops of the 2017 The Southeastern School of Banking Branch Management.
- Successfully completing assignments after each of the four workshops.
- Attending at least one additional Tennessee Bankers Association full-day or multi-day program.
The benefits of this certificate process include:
- An investment in developing “best practices” for your bank’s branch network.
- An educational resource for training and career development.
- Recognition and opportunities for branch managers by completing these sessions.
- A foundation builder for banking schools.
- A commitment to successful, profitable, efficient, and effective branches.
Continuing Education Credit:
26 total hours CPE credit for all four sessions
This program has not been pre-approved for ICB CE credits. Attendants who require ICB credits should go to http://www.aba.com/Training/ICB/Pages/default.aspx for further instructions.