How Can Your Bank Get Involved
Register your bank to participate. Once registered you'll have access to all of the tools and information you need to make your bank's event a success. To learn more visit: www.teachchildrentosave.com.
• ABA Bankers Resources
• Financial Literacy Information
A System for Saving Your Money
Savvy saving can start at any age. Help your children learn about money with "Beginner Budgeting" from the ABA Education Foundation.
Best-selling author and ABA Family Finance Adviser Neale Godfrey recommends helping your child split up any money he or she earns, receives, or even finds. Show them how to divide their money using the "10% - 30% - 30% - 30%" system and put it in four separate, labeled containers. Clear jars are best. This makes savings visible and real. After all, everyone enjoys watching their money grow.
• 10% Charity - Take 10% off the top to share.
• 30% Quick Cash - Use this 30% for instant gratification.
• 30% Medium-term Savings - Save this 30% for 1-6 months to purchase something special.
• 30% Long-term Savings - Use this 30% for important things in the future, like college.